Wednesday, January 23, 2008

It's never too late to change

Most people make new year's resolutions. I usually resolve not to make any resolutions. LOL! This year, though, something odd happened. I didn't actually make a resolution but I'm making a change, anyway.

Some people say "lifestyle change" and that means something along the lines of switching orientations or something like that...my change is not nearly that radical.

I've struggled with my weight and self-image most of my life. Even had gastric bypass surgery, and even though I lost 140 pounds, I still didn't lose as much as I needed to. The past couple of years, my weight loss stagnated, and I even gained a bit. Frustrated with the tightening of my smaller clothes, and determined NEVER to get myself in the (literally) life-and-limb-threatening position I was in at my heaviest weight, and with some inspirations from some friends who don't know (yet) that they've inspired me, I'm now on a losing trend again. I've taken a new approach to food over the past three weeks, and *surprise!* I'm enjoying the change! I was even able to order a pizza and only eat one slice over the weekend...and I was completely satisfied. Not sure that had ever happened before. I'm amazed at the way this change has "stuck." Normally when dieting, I get angrier and angrier that I can't eat what I want when I want. This time, my view is more, I am eating exactly what I want when I want, it's just different than I thought it was...lol.

I have no idea how much (if any) weight I've actually lost, but it doesn't matter too much because the clothes are looser, and I'm feeling great. I'll probably go ahead and invest in a scale soon, because I'll be starting personal training next week to kick my fitness plan into high gear.

And, to tie all these things up with a pretty bow, further marking the milestone - I got a tattoo last weekend! It's so pretty - a pink rose and a yellow rose with a white dove. Love it!

And...did I mention...I'm going to see Van Halen!!! And it's THIS weekend!!

1 comment:

Food Czar said...

You go, chick! Good luck with your lifestyle change!! And please be sure to tell us all about Van Halen!!!!